Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 132: I downloaded a virus

In an effort to help a piano student find some sheet music she wanted, I downloaded an executable file from the internet. Unfortunately, it wasn't sheet music; it was a program that wiped my desktop PC clean of all its contents. Or maybe not; after hearing my story, one of my computer savvy friends says it is malware that only makes it look as though all my programs have disappeared and recommended a fix. I sure hope it works, because just like I knew better than to download that file onto my PC, I know to back up often, and I don't. Thank goodness for my Mac laptop, which I need to back up RIGHT NOW.

Do not - I repeat, do NOT - try this yourself.

No comments: