Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 123: Deborah Montgomery Racing

Bling!

While this blog was on hiatus, I missed the opportunity to share with you that I started running in January and some of the new things that I have tried so far associated with that, including the RunKeeper app for my iPhone and my new Brooks running shoes. I also ran in Lakeview Academy's New Year's Resolution 5K on a cold January afternoon; it was hard, but I felt proud of my accomplishment.

I ran another 5K today at Tribble Mill Park in Lawrenceville, Georgia, sponsored by Deborah Montgomery Racing. We started shortly after sunrise; the temperature was a chilly 18 degrees, not accounting for wind chill. But it was a beautiful course meandering through the woods and even though my time was nothing to brag about I am pleased to say that I ran more than I walked and made it to the end. My enthusiasm was dampened a little bit by the event organizer's complaint about the participants' confusion at her poorly marked "out and back" at the finish; her comment, "You can really tell who listens to the directions and who doesn't" was particularly inappropriate. Also, although we were awarded a medal for achieving our goal, our tech shirt was generic and did not identify the name of the event. So I will avoid races sponsored by this organization in the future, but am already looking forward to another 5K in March and hoping for warm sun and blue skies!

No comments: