Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 120: Duolingo


Luis von Ahn, the founder of reCAPTCHA, has come up with a way to coordinate millions of people to translate the internet while learning a foreign language for free, and it's called Duolingo. Watch the short video above to find out more about it. Having the ability to speak Spanish conversationally is one of the items on my bucket list, so I applied to be a beta user of the program as soon as I heard about it. Well, today I got the email saying I had been accepted; I immediately signed into the website and just completed Basics 1. Soy una mujer. Yo bebo vino. See how much I have learned already?

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I want to learn French...the company I work for is based in France. I will look into this. Do you have an url or should I just google it?

Kathy said...

Sorry. Just clicked on your link. Got it. Thanks for sharing!

Pam Asberry said...

As I'm sure you've discovered by now, Kathy, Duolingo is available only in Spanish and German right now. But French isn't far behind! Good luck!

eric said...

I had to go back and find this, I couldn't remember which blog you posted it on. Well, learning Spanish is on my bucket list too. I just signed up. If you have the ability to invite people please send me one. If not, I'll get on eventually and we can talk about Donna in Spanish. :)

eric said...

Oh, and meanwhile, a friend from work is trying this, and likes it so far. May give it a try, too. http://www.spanishhour.com/our50special.php

Pam Asberry said...

I can't send you an invite, Eric, but hopefully you will hear from the soon. Poor Donna! Meanwhile, I will check out the link you sent.