Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 117: Nbed 2gether Torrontes


I was feeling pretty good about 2012 until today. After 52 years on this planet, it still catches me off-guard how quickly everything can turn upside down. Now my kids are sick, the dog has an ear infection, I had the toughest teaching day in recent history, another student resigned without giving proper notice, I received an unexpected medical bill, I am up 1.2 pounds since last week despite depriving myself of junk food and desserts and exercising regularly, my knees are throbbing from said exercise, and my ex, who was recently fired from his job, is threatening to take me to court to reduce child support.

It's all too much.

So when I went to the grocery store to buy thermometer and some over-the-counter cold remedies for the boys, I picked up a bottle of wine from Argentina for myself. On sale at Kroger for $5/bottle (retail price $9.99), this white wine is a delightful blend of tropical fruit, honey and melon.

I am feeling better already.

8 comments:

Michele Stefanides said...

Well that all just sucks, pardon my language. But what I like best about you, Pam, is your ability to bounce back. You will get through this, I know it.

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you for your vote of confidence, Michele. Yes, I WILL bounce back. Better than before. Like the six million dollar man. :-)

Julee J. Adams said...

*sigh* Know you'll be fine, but it's going to be tough for a while. Take care of yourself, ok?

R.R. said...

Sometimes it seems like one thing after another - it can be overwhelming - sounds like you have the right medicine! It sounds like a great combination. Oh! I love the new look on here - the color of the tiles - it's one of my favorite hues!
I looked up Argentinan for Cheers: Salud y amor y tiempo para disfrutarlo!!! RR

Leslie K. said...

Wow -- hang in there!

Leslie K. said...

Wow -- hang in there!

WritersLiPP said...

Oh honey, goodness. I'm so sorry.

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Leslie and Lindy. Things will get better. They always do!