Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 116: Intergalactic Bead Show/Farfalle with Feta Tomato Sauce

This morning I put on my sparkly new Chuck Taylors


and headed to the Conference Center at the Gwinnett Civic Center Complex


for the Intergalactic Bead and Jewelry Show,


which claims to be one of the largest bead shows on the east coast. I think that might actually be the case.


I met some incredibly talented, immensely delightful people, like Susan Barnes of Fire Goddess and Elizabeth Girod of Fire & Fibers, and I came home with goodies.


Then I tried a new recipe for dinner, a quick an easy pasta dish.


FARFALLE WITH FETA AND TOMATOES

6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (I used tomato and basil flavor)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Fresh ground black pepper
1 14-ounce can Italian style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 12-ounce package farfalle pasta, cooked al dente according to package directions and drained

Mix first seven ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Add pasta and toss until combined.

I capped off the evening with the DVD 50/50. Inspired by the true story of a 27 year old who learns he has cancer and struggles to deal with the disease, this movie is in turns poignant and hilarious. Highly recommended! I enjoyed it so much I forgot all about that big sporting event that took place tonight.

How did you spend Super Bowl Sunday?

2 comments:

R.R. said...

That must have been Bead Heaven - and close by! The Feta and 'maters dish is looking tasty. For the Super Bowl: I watched a little while I had dinner - I had a baked Buffalo Chicken Cheese Dip with Nachos, a baked Chili, Olive, Cheese Dip, Salsa, and a bowl of chili. Then I went to the Skateboard park for my first live performance of the year on the 12 String, accompanied by Hambone Jr. on the harmonica, and played three songs, Heart of Gold, You Don't Know How It Feels, and Tangled Up In Blue. There was a crowd of four that hated to see us go, but my hands were getting cold!!!

Julee J. Adams said...

We had friends over whose TV was on the fritz, so I fixed my three bean chili, mac and cheese, ham pinwheels and we watched the commercials. Well, Chris watched the game.

Evidently, it's a truism that if it's a "good" game (close with exciting action to those that care), the commercials not so much.

Wish that I could have gone with you! I love craft/bead shows! Love the shoes, btw.