Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 115: Fun with the Petit Fours and Hot Tamales

I post once a month at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales, the joint effort of an immensely talented and super hard working group of romance writers. Today, a handful of us took some time out to play. And I got to try a lot of new things in the process.

First, I met my critique partner Lindy at Starbucks in Buckhead, where I tried their new Bacon and Gouda Artisan Breakfast Sandwich and a cup of their new Blonde Roast Coffee.


We spent a couple of hours catching up on our respective lives and brainstorming ideas for our current writing projects. Then we went to the nearby Rusty Nail Pub where we met our blog sisters for lunch.

Brenda, Tammy and Marilyn 
Lindy and Sandy
Tammy and Yours Truly
I had never visited The Rusty Nail before and it was a pleasant surprise. The atmosphere was rustic and casual, the kind of place a girl might run into a cowboy after dark; and our server, Debbie, was sweet and gracious. I treated myself to a Florida Chicken Sandwich, a delectable grilled chicken breast smothered in wing sauce and topped with melted blue cheese, served on grilled Texas toast.

Oh, yeah. I ate every bite.
After we stuffed ourselves, we made our way to the Regal Hollywood Stadium 24 Theater for the 2:45 showing of One for the Money, the film version of the Janet Evanovich book by the same name. The movie didn't fare well with the critics, but I found it to be sweet and satisfying and true to the book--well, so far, at least; I am only about halfway through.

It was a wonderful day, filled with inspiration, friendship, food and fun. Thanks to everyone who shared it with me!

10 comments:

Lindy said...

Had a great time, girl! The challenge is set. Ready. Set. Go! Smooches - Lindy

Julee J. Adams said...

Welcome back! Like the beautiful background and glad you had a super time!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. We had a wonderful time and now I know I like Ranger.

Marilyn Baron

Denise said...

"run into a cowboy after dark" ummm that sounds like desert....

Sandra Elzie said...

Fun day and it was great to have a Girl's Day Out! We'll have to do it again soon....very soon. (g)

Pam Asberry said...

Me too, Lindy. I'm right behind you!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Julee. My Pyzam background was no longer compatible with Facebook so I have been scrambling to find new templates for both my blogs. I still haven't found anything I like for "Cloudy/Clear" but I won't give up!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Marilyn. Yep--definitely Ranger. :-)

Pam Asberry said...

Yeah, Denise, I might just have to mosey back there wearing my cowboy hat one of these days...

Pam Asberry said...

I agree, Sandy! :-)