Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 111: Jewelry Sale


Although I have had an Etsy store for over a year now, tthis morning I set up a table at my favorite hair salon, Shenanigans, and tried selling my wares live and in the flesh. I love meeting new people and it was fun to be part of the the bustle of the shop and make a few sales in the process. I might even consider renting a booth at a craft show or two next year.

After the shop closed, I grabbed a bite to eat and headed to my favorite Creative Memories consultant's home for her holiday open house and card making workshop. I love playing with paper so this was right up my alley. Here is one of the cards I created.

Three dimensions! Texture!
I met some new folks, learned some new scrapbooking techniques, experimented with some great new tools, and ended the evening with 20 beautiful handmade cards to send to family and friends.

It has been a truly wonderful day, filled with new.

4 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

That does sound like a good day--congratulations! My friends and I need to get together and bead. I used to host a once a month "stitch and bitch" at one of the craft stores, but they've closed. Think I'll try to do some stitching on my lunch hours or take in a small bead project. Thanks for sharing!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Julee! Considering I was at a hair salon and no one was expecting anyone to be there selling anything, I think I did well. I know I lost at least a couple of sales because I had no way to take credit cards; I'm definitely going to change that before I do a craft sale.

Denise said...

Check out Square. I love it.

Pam Asberry said...

Great minds think alike, Denise; I downloaded the app this morning and the plug-in device is on its way. :-)