Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 89: Beading To Beat Autism


On Friday I hosted a small gathering to begin work on my commitment to create and sell 300 beaded bracelets in 30 days to help Michala Rigga's organization, Beading To Beat Autism, raise $300 million to build an autism research and treatment center in Louisville, Kentucky. After the other two participants left, I stayed up and beaded until the wee hours; you can see the fruit of our efforts in the photo above. 35 bracelets down, 265 to go! The suggested donation is $3 per bracelet; they are available in a variety of colors and lengths (6, 7 or 8 inches). They come attractively packaged in a plastic zip lock bag with a trifold color insert explaining the details of the project and would make great teacher gifts, party favors, and stocking stuffers. Please contact me if you would like to contribute to this worthy cause!

2 comments:

Bryonna Nobles said...

Those are beautiful! Are you going to bring them to the GRW meeting Saturday? I think you should! I, for one, would love to see them. I saw a pink one and a black and red one in particular I liked.

Its such a good cause. My husband is a high functioning Aspergers.

Pam Asberry said...

Bryonna, I'm not going to be at the meeting on Saturday, but I will probably still have bracelets for the December meeting and I will be happy to honor special requests. I will send you an email with the details!