Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 87: Easy Pumpkin Bread


I subscribe to King Arthur Flour's blog; I love their products and have never failed using one of their recipes. Yesterday, I finally got around to trying their Easy Pumpkin Bread. Click HERE for detailed step-by-step instructions, or simply follow my abbreviated version of the recipe.

EASY PUMPKIN BREAD

  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 15-ounce can pumpkin 
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 3 1/3 cups unbleached flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts 
  • Coarse white sugar for sprinkling on top, optional
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two 9" X 5" loaf pans.
  • In a large bowl, beat together oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin and water.
  • Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and vanilla, stirring to combine. Add nuts.
  • Spoon batter into prepared pans. Sprinkle tops of loaves with coarse white sugar, if desired.
  • Bake 60 to 80 minutes or until bread tests done. Allow to cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
  • This is the best pumpkin bread recipe I have ever tried - definitely a keeper!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks yummy, Pam! I love how many of your Between Birthdays are food or drink related. :)

WritersLiPP said...

I love to cook and I love to eat, and it's great having an excuse to try new things! :-)

Bryonna Nobles said...

I love Pumpkin Bread. I have a wonderful recipe for it. I've never thought of the sugar on top though. That sounds really good and I'll have to try it next time. It looks all glittery on the batter like that.

I'm amazed that you've had time to do all this and keep up with NaNo and your blogs! Girl, when do you sleep?

Pam Asberry said...

I've been sick this week too, Bryonna, so I'm waaay behind on my NaNo project. I'm hoping to catch up this weekend. The sugar on top of the bread makes it really special.

Carley said...

I just tried this recipe today. I used Pecans as that was what I had & it is definitely a "keeper" recipe. We loved it & have already eaten 4 slices of it-Even thought we couldn't wait until tomorrow to try it as it was too tempting it still sliced beautifully--Yummy! You're a good daughter to share it, but the scales will probably groan louder-LOL

Pam Asberry said...

I'm so glad you liked it, Mom! Our two loves is all gone already and there are only three of us! :-)

Tami Brothers said...

I'm a HUGE pumpkin bread fan. That's one of my downfalls at Starbucks. I MIGHT be able to drive by the store, but that Pumpkin bread usually calls to me. Will definitely be giving this a try.

Tami

Pam Asberry said...

This recipe rivals Starbucks, Tami. Give it a whirl!