Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 86: Dropbox

Yesterday I got an email from a piano teacher friend offering to share her file of photos from the GMTA Conference on a website called Dropbox. Never heard of it? Neither had I. Here is a short video explaining a few of the features.


It was easy enough to set up an account and grab those photos from my buddy's file. But I already have a Flickr account. Most of my pals do, too. Wouldn't it be easier to share photos there? As a matter of fact, I can't think of a single reason why I really need Dropbox. But I welcome all you techies out there to correct me if I am wrong!

4 comments:

SAIDFRAZ said...

it is a good idea but I'm already doing all that with Google, not to mention now there's iCloud. So many choices!

Pam Asberry said...

That's kind of what Nathan said, Sherri. It's good to have choices, but sometimes it gets confusing!

R.R. said...

First of all, I'm not a techie - I'm a non-techie, or untechie, which ever is worse! My (big) child in Arizona sent me the link for his Dropbox and I downloaded what was needed to share files - we did it to share music - he had a boatload of old time blues, every Gram Parsons song ever recorded (anything Gram a big plus with me) and some of his Math Rock (???) and some screaming music that will be great for lingering company, or chasing off squirrels in the bird feeder. I got it all out of the Dropbox and put it in my regular organized music files. Then I dropped a mess of mine in there for him to get out. It started saying it was getting full and did we want to upgrade for a cost. We just emptied it once we swapped and re-filed so no need to upgrade. He studies with Full Sail and they asked him to put it on his Mac for school purposes. We haven't had any to swap lately so it sits there, but it doesn't take up any room once emptied, and the download didn't take up much space - so I thought it was cool for what we do. Sorry, but you know I can't be short - hahaha!!! RR

Pam Asberry said...

What a great way for you and your son to exchange music files, R.R. I'm starting to get it. I think I just need to spend more time exploring the possibilities. Thanks for your input!