Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 81: Teaching the Transfer Student


On Thursday, I had the experience of speaking at the Georgia Music Teachers Association State Conference held at Columbus State University in Columbus, Georgia. My topic was Teaching the Transfer Student. I will admit to a slight case of nerves before I walked onto the stage - especially after renowned composer and pedagogue Dennis Alexander introduced himself and said he planned to listen in for a bit - but after thirty-plus years of teaching, I felt confident enough about the subject matter that, once I got started, I was able to let go of my fear and speak from my heart. The truth is I love public speaking. I hope to do more of it in the future.

2 comments:

Joe Diaz said...

Good for you, Congrats lady :)

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you, sir! :-)