Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 71: Tazo Calm Tea


My habit is to unwind with a glass of wine or two at bedtime. But I think this might be contributing to some of my sleep disturbances and I know it isn't helping me lose this ten extra pounds I am carrying around, so tonight I decided to make myself a cup of Tazo Calm Tea instead.

I am ashamed to admit that the lovely tin was a Mother's Day gift from my son and his girlfriend - has it really been four months already? The tea bags themselves are small works of art, soft pillows stuffed with chamomile blossoms, hibiscus flowers, spearmint leaves, rose petals, blackberry leaves, peppermint leaves, safflower, lemon balm, lemon grass and natural flavorings. 


I heated a pot of water, I dropped the sachet in my favorite coffee mug, an end-of-year gift from a long-ago piano student, and let it steep for five minutes. Fragrant and delicious - and no calories!

I think I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight. 

7 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

They are pretty!

Unfortunately, I can't have anything with cammomille or echenasia (sp?)in it, because I'm deathly allergic to ragweed and they make me wheeze. I have to stick with decaff green tea.

Sweet dreams...

Pam Asberry said...

I'm sorry you're allergic, Julee. This tea really is delicious. I did sleep well last night, so I am repeating my ritual tonight. Zzz...

Buffy said...

I'm looking forward to your visit to Denver -- we'll drink lots of tea.

<3

Ooh, and the coffeeshop I share a wall with has yummy tea and they start serving wine on november 1st. :)

Pam Asberry said...

Sounds like a dream vacation, Buffy! We will have a blast! :-)

Buffy said...

Have you ever had plum wine? I tried it for the first time last week.

Pam Asberry said...

I never have tried plum wine, Buffy. What's it like?

Buffy said...

I really liked it (Sorry, Pam, I broke my computer about the time of this post and it has severely affected by blog writing and reading habits!) - sweet, with bits of the plum floating.