Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 67: I shared a note from my Kindle


Yes, I've had my Kindle a long time. My brother gave it to me for Christmas last year, and I love love love it. I am not one to read instruction manuals, though, and until very recently I didn't know how to do anything with it besides load books and read them. So you can imagine my delight when, at my last Jane Austen Book Club meeting, Jennifer's husband Erick showed me how to add bookmarks and make notes and share them on Facebook and Twitter. I have been bookmarking pages like crazy ever since.

Then today I came upon a passage that was so striking I just HAD to take the plunge and share. So I did it! In case you aren't my friend on Facebook or a follower on Twitter (and if you aren't why not?), here it is.

We ought to be seekers as well as storytellers, a little mad sometimes, risking the pity and scorn of our fellows as we pursue the artistic vision. Then we park ourselves at the keyboard and strive to get it down on the page. Why go through it all? Because the world needs dreams rendered in words.

From Writing Fiction for All You're Worth by James Scott Bell

What about you? Do you read instruction manuals? Learn through trial and error? Need somebody to show you the way?

6 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Big surprise, I am geeky about instruction manuals and I downloaded and paged through the one for my new Kindle. Don't you love the little bookmark, where it tells you where you stopped reading and it takes you back to it--it looks like you turned down the corner of the page with the little triangle! I'll work more with it later, but I'm so glad you're having fun with it. Do you know where I can find a cord that will link the Kindle to my computer? The other ones I have (phone, MP3, etc.) don't quite fit. I didn't find one under Amazon, so I guess I'll have to look some more.

Pam Asberry said...

My charger is in two pieces; the USB cord disconnects from the plug. It just fits together so well it LOOKS like one piece. Check it out!

Denise said...

I actually made collection for my books and yes I have one called "Jane Austen." That's as far as I've gotten. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the quote. I'm adding it to my favorites and will be using it. Hugs

Pam Asberry said...

You're WAY ahead of me, Denise. Maybe I'll spend some time doing that today - organizing my books into collections. I'm hoping to blog about the James Scott Bell book on my main blog later today. It's a keeper, for sure!

Bryonna Nobles said...

I learn through trial and error. Or my husband breaks down and reads the manual for me. lol

I have to say I LOVE that quote.

Pam Asberry said...

It IS a great quote, Bryonna. And the Kindle makes it so easy to share!