Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 64: 100 Push-Ups

My friend Denise challenged me to join her in the 100 Push-Ups challenge (click HERE). Today I took the initial test, during which I managed to complete only 10 bent-knee push-ups (forget military style). Supposedly, if I stick with the program for six weeks, I will eventually be able to do 100 push-ups - at least 55 after six weeks. It's just three days a week for a total of 30 minutes. It's worth a try, right?

While I'm at it, I figured I might as well go for the 200 Situps challenge (click HERE). During the initial test, I was able to eke out 20 curls, working towards an eventual goal of 200, at least 90 after six weeks.

What have I got to lose? At the very least, I will end up stronger than I am right now. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Denise said...

I'm SO happy your doing this. So, at the end of the 4th workout, I was able to do 10 push-ups. That's up from only being able to eek out 4 at the beginning. That's results!

Good luck and keep me posted.

kevin.talley said...

I'll give it a try.

When I was a kid someone told me that if I could lift a baby calf every day by the time it was grown I could lift a cow! Well theoretically...

R.R. said...

I wish you the best with that- the websites were cool. I'm going to have to test myself now but I probably won't tell - its been a long time since the martial arts days! RR

Pam Asberry said...

Your results are very inspiring, Denise. I hope I will be able to keep up! Thank you so much for planting this seed. :-)

Pam Asberry said...

Welcome aboard, Kevin! I'm glad we're all in this together. Misery loves company and all that. ;-)

Pam Asberry said...

Let us know if you decide to join us, RR; we won't make you share your numbers with us. I have a feeling it's like practicing music; just a little bit of effort consistently applied will produce results. At least that's what I'm hoping!

Tami Brothers said...

Okay. You talked me into it.

I'm going to try to get The Kid and hubby to do it with me. :)

Pam Asberry said...

Yay, Tami! :-)