Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 63: Crunch Berry Frappuccino

Do you like Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries? When I was a kid, it was one of my breakfast favorites. And I learned today that Starbucks can create drink that tastes a whole lot like the cereal. It isn't on the menu. They might not even want to make it for you. Our barista sure fussed about it. But he did it anyway. In case your barista pleads ignorance, click HERE for ordering instructions and a link to a funny video in which a possibly over-caffeinated young man shares his passion for the concoction. It was a bit sweet for my taste; my fifteen year old loved it. But I think everybody should try it at least once!

6 comments:

R.R. said...

Wish I had known, I'll have to hit them up next time - I was there today on the way to Cub Scouts for my usual large with two shots, complete with 1/4 shaker cocoa - haha. I grew up on Cap'N Crunch, but it was the regular flavor. My Mom rotated between that, Frosted Pop Tarts, and instant oatmeal!

Pam Asberry said...

We had frosted pop tarts too, RR - my favorite was cinnamon brown sugar - but I didn't have oatmeal until I got to college!

Tami Brothers said...

Hmmmm. I think The Kid might actually like this one. He's a big fan of the Mint Chocolate Chip Frap. But I think he could definitely get into this one, too.

:)

Pam Asberry said...

I bet he would, Tami...

Bryonna Nobles said...

I read your post and just laughed. I recently started at Starbucks and they actually WARNED me about this. My trainer said "I'm not even getting into it. Just tell them you don't know how to make it."

I looked at the recipe and its not that scary but that's a lot of extra shots of syrup. O.o

Pam Asberry said...

Now THAT is funny, Bryonna! My 24 yo's girlfriend, who also works at Starbucks, actually told us about this drink. And she warned us that they might not want to make it, LOL! But she loves them, and she thought my son would, too. It was definitely too sweet for me, but of course my 15yo thought it was great. ;-)