Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 57: Damages


I got an automated phone call from DirecTV over the summer, announcing the season premiere of the series Damages. I don't watch a lot of television, but this program sounded intriguing, so I added it to my TiVo's to-do list. It is hard to believe it has taken me this many months long to get around to watching it, but I finally saw the first episode tonight. It was grittier than my typical fare (Desperate Housewives, 30 Rock, House, Grey's Anatomy) but the show is well written and I love the characters - well, some of them, anyway - so I just might be hooked. And if that happens, I will have a lot of catching up to do, since the series started in 2007.

What is your current television favorite?

6 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

I almost watched that, but haven't. We've been following "Burn Notice" and "Royal Pains," both on USA Network. I'm a "NCIS" slut too and will watch the "L&O" franchises occasionally. My "popcorn for the mind" has become "Project Runway," "America's Next Top Model" and "Top Chef." Can't tell I'm schizophrenic, can you? BTW, husband watches "Boardwalk Empire" and "Sons of Anarchy" on his own.

eric said...

I just started watching "Sons of Anarchy" on Netflix streaming and spent a shameful amount of time this past weekend getting caught up.

I'm ready to buy that Harley now! ;)

Pam Asberry said...

I'm kind of schizophrenic too, Julee; I also love "American Idol," "Cake Boss," and David Letterman. Have you heard about the new ABC show "Once Upon A TIme?" I think that one will be fun for us writers, too.

Pam Asberry said...

I don't know anything about "Sons of Anarchy," Eric. Is it something I would like? Although if it involves cute guys riding Harleys, the answer is probably yes. I met a motorcycle safety instructor at M&M and she teaches in Alpharetta. Maybe we should check it out, eh? Donna doesn't have to know...

eric said...

I make no predictions whether you'd like it or not. I was just mildly curious about it because I'd heard good critical reviews, and it was not something that probably would have really sounded all that appealing to me otherwise, but it has turned out to be much better than my expectations. Wikipedia has a pretty good summary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Anarchy

The first two seasons are on Netflix streaming; season 4 is the current season and it's on FX, although I've not seen any of those yet. I've watched through the end of season 3 and I was very happy with the season 3 finale; just ask Donna!

Also, Breaking Bad ... yeah, I had kinda soured on it some last season but they really picked it up this season and the finale on Sunday night was epic!

Bryonna Nobles said...

Well, I actually love all you listed. I adore "Desperate Housewives" and I'm heartbroken that this is its last season. Love "Grey's Anatomy" as well as "Vampire Diaries." Recently I've gotten hooked on "Once Upon a Time", "Grimm" and "Saburbatory". I love having a DV-R so I can watch these when I'm ready to watch them.