Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 48: I met a fan.

Pam & Mary Beth
Yesterday I attended the book signing at the 2011 Georgia Romance Writers Moonlight & Magnolias Conference. Wandering happily from table to table with a stack of books purchased onsite, I was gathering autographs from some of my favorite authors, old and new.

Out of nowhere, my pal Bryonna Nobles-Stern came up behind me and tapped my shoulder. "There's someone here who wants to meet you," she said.

"Who is it?"

"A fan." She grinned.

"Yeah, right." I snorted and turned back to collect my newly-signed book.

"No, really. You've got to come with me. She's right over here."

So I thanked the author, scooped up my new treasure, and followed Bryonna across the room. Sure enough, there stood Mary Beth Chickering, waiting to get a signature from Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Mary Beth found out about my blogs from Bryonna; she hugged me warmly and told me she reads my writing regularly. That made me feel like a rock star. And who knows? Maybe someday *I* will be one of the published authors signing books at the M&M Conference.

8 comments:

Denise said...

You have lots of fans and what an awesome t-shirt.

Pam Asberry said...

Denise, if you think the t-shirt is awesome, you should meet the woman who made it. ;-)

Julee J. Adams said...

You ARE a rock star! I got asked for my autograph at a science fiction convention I was a guest at and that made me feel the same way. Glad you were having a great time and we'll expect a full report at another venue.

Rock on, girlfriend!

B Snow said...

+1000.

Pam Asberry said...

No one has ever asked me for an autograph before, Julee. That is totally cool. Full report coming soon at http://pamasberry.blogspot.com. Just as soon as the "jet lag" wears off!

Pam Asberry said...

Aw, shucks, B! :-)

Mary Beth Chickering said...

You ARE a rock star and you WILL be published-

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks for your support, Mary Beth. You have no idea how much every vote of encouragement helps! I am so glad I got to meet you!