Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 41: Spotify

I have never lived an extravagant lifestyle, but before the economy crashed I was able to buy myself a new book or CD whenever I wanted to. No more. Yesterday, I decided to give PaperBack Swap a try; so far, I have shipped one book and am waiting for three books to arrive - books that were saved in my Amazon shopping cart that I will now receive for free.

Today my children turned me on to Spotify (click HERE). Here's the blurb from the website:

Think of Spotify as your new music collection. Your library. Only this time your collection is vast: over 15 million tracks and counting. Spotify comes in all shapes and size, available for your PC, Mac, home audio system and cell phone. Wherever you go, your music follows you.
And because the music plays live, there’s no need to wait for downloads and no big dent in your hard drive.
I have barely scratched the surface of all it has to offer, but I am very pleased so far. I created a playlist and added a number of great songs I have heard on the radio over the past several months; now I can listen to them whenever I want to without having to purchase them. Then I did a search for "mandolin" and found all kinds of great stuff, both classical and contemporary.

There is also a premium version which offers you better quality sound and no advertising and the option to listen offline or on your phone. That definitely has its appeal, but for now I am going to content myself with the free version.

Here is one of my favorite new downloads. I love those strings.


Do you ever listen to music on the internet? What are your favorite sources?

1 comment:

Julee J. Adams said...

Fun! I'll definitely check this one out. I've gotten more and more into buying individual songs, which is offensive to my husband who believes an album is an "experience" to be enjoyed whole.
Did you know that the new Fords won't have CD players, they'll have an MP3 or iPod port?