Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 34: New Author, New Bracelet, New Food

I tried several new things on Saturday.

At this month's Georgia Romance Writers meeting, I met a new author, Jade Lee, and bought two of her books, Wicked Surrender and Wicked Seduction.


I quickly read the first chapter of Wicked Surrender; it's a real page-turner. I am determined to find time to curl up with it again later today.

Then I went to my brother's house and spent the afternoon beading with my sister-in-law. I tried a new bracelet pattern. It is a birthday gift for my mom and I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I will post a picture after she opens it.

Then Eric and SeDonna took me to Frontera for dinner, where I tried a new menu item: the light chicken wrap.


It comes in at less than 500 calories, and I hate only half of it. Of course, that doesn't count all the chips and salsa I consumed before my entree arrived. Oh, well.

It was a wonderful day, the perfect combination of old and new.

4 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

It was a good day! Congrats and many more.

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Julee! Wish you could come to GRW meetings with me. We have the best speakers!

Tami Brothers said...

Nice! I popped over to see the pic and I think she'll like it.

It was great seeing you. Pop over to my blog sometime this week. I plan to post that picture I took of you once Blogger figures out how to let me back into my own blog. :(

Tami

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Tami! I used tanzanite AB crystals and sterling silver seed beads in mine so it actually looks pretty different. But I know she'll like it! It was great seeing you, too. I will definitely stop by and visit your blog later this week. Blogger has been pretty gentle with me lately...