Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 28: Dump Cake

Sweet, buttery and delicious!
Today I tried Lindy's recipe for Dump Cake. I basically followed her directions, except I drained the pineapple before dumping it into the pan, and I used 12 tablespoons of butter instead of an entire cup. It was all the butter I had in the house, but it seemed to be plenty. A similar recipe I found on the internet said to cut the butter into thin slices and top the cake mix with it instead of melting it and poking holes; that sounds easier so I will try that next time. I served it warm with vanilla ice cream on the side, and it was a big hit with my family. What could be simpler?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,
It looks yummy. Can you share Lindy's receipe?
I love what you're doing in this blog. Something new every day - not always easy or comfortable. But you can learn and grow in so many ways. It's awesome. I look forward to hearing more about this years journey. Have fun :)

Sia

Tami Brothers said...

I agree! I copied this recipe down to try it myself. Will definitely try your shortcuts.

Thanks for sharing that photo.

Tami

Pam Asberry said...

Sia, click on the purple words "Dump Cake" in my blog post and you will be directed to Lindy's recipe. I am having a great time with this blog. I hope you will visit often!

Pam Asberry said...

Yay, Tami! :-)

Bryonna Nobles said...

Wow, Dump Cake really takes me back. My mom use to make it all the time growing up. I liked it because a kid could put it together practically by themselves. Very little measuring required.

The recipe Lindy gave reminds me a lot of my mom's recipe. Ah happy memories. Now I feel like baking!

Pam Asberry said...

That's a good point about kids being able to put this together without much adult assistance. Glad Lindy and I were able to bring back some happy memories. But you are the queen of the bakers. I always love seeing the pictures and recipes on your blog!