Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 25: Stationary Bicycle


I have a membership to Fitness 19. I enjoy taking exercise classes, and saunas and showers sure are nice, but at $14.95 a month, Fitness 19 is the only gym I can afford. And then I have no excuse not to work out on days when it's simply too hot or too cold to be outdoors.

I have been going to my local facility for almost two years now, and the only machine I have ever used is the elliptical machine. So today I decided to try the stationary bike. I gave it up after ten minutes. On the elliptical machine, I have a hard time keeping my heart rate down to the optimal level for fat burning; on the bicycle, I had a hard time getting my heart level up to the minimum. And I was BORED. So I went back to my tried and true. Turns out the elliptical machine is more efficient, too; according to the Calories Burned Calculator at Health Status, 5 minutes on the stationary bike burns 33 calories, but 5 minutes on the elliptical machine burns 53. That difference really adds up after a 30 to 45 minute workout.

So no more bicycling at the gym for me. But at least I can say I tried!

No comments: