Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 21: Fun Websites


I spent the day holed up in my bedroom, writing blog posts and reading The Help, coming out only to change out the laundry, take the dog out to do his business, and get food and drink. Suddenly, it occurred to me that the day was nearly over that I hadn't tried anything new. A quick Google search led me to a blog post on Knowzine, 15 Cool Websites To Try When You Are Bored. I wasn't bored so much as desperate, but I checked out two of them.

1. whathappenedinmybirthyear.com

Ben-Hur won the Oscar for movie of the year. Alaska was admitted as the 49th state. Two monkeys became the first living beings to return from a trip to outer space. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters was at the top of the charts. Fritz the Cat made his first appearance as a comic book character. Wow. 1959 was a long time ago!

2. funnylogo

The Google-style logo I created is at the top of this post. Cute, huh? There are more styles to choose from. Give it a whirl!

2 comments:

Bryonna Nobles said...

I went to the Year you were Born Site and apparently it reads your cookies because when I signed on its like "The year you were born was a very different world. There was no Google. There was no betweenbirthdays.blogspot.com." I was like "Wait, that was the blog I was JUST reading!" Than I realized, it just has to read cookies or else that's too freaky.

Pam Asberry said...

That is kind of freaky, Bryonna - and cool all at the same time! Glad you enjoyed the site. :-)