Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 20: Park Tavern

Last night I joined my friends Natalie and Chip at the Park Tavern in Piedmont Park for the Americana In The Park Kickoff Party. I had never been to Park Tavern before, but I found it to be charming, all nestled in the trees of Piedmont Park and framed by the Atlanta skyline.

Park Tavern.
I met Natalie through Gwinnett County Music Teachers Association and we have grown to be friends. She and Chip have young children and date nights are rare. I felt privileged that they included me in this one.

Chip and Natalie.
We sat on the patio outside, ordered drinks and sushi for starters, and noshed while listening to the first band, Sam Sniper, eclectic and cool.

Sam Sniper.
Then our entrees arrived; I had a grilled mahi-mahi sandwich. I don't expect much from bar food, but this was way above average; as a matter of fact, I would go back to Park Tavern just for the menu. Everything sounded good to me.

After we ate, we spent a few minutes chatting with Joe, Natalie's brother and the trombone player in the next band, Matt Hudgins and the Shit-Hot Country Band. Self-described as "songs about drinking, jail, love and death, all done in the popular country and western musical style," it was definitely country with a twist, very tongue-in-cheek, and the trombone added a unique touch to the overall sound. Their first CD will release this fall; I plan to be at the head of the line.

Matt Hudgins and the Shit-Hot Country Band
 Trying a new restaurant and hearing two new bands was a great way to kick off Labor Day weekend. Thanks to Natalie and Chip for sharing the fun!

2 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Awesome! Definitely glad you shared the fun.

This has been a great project! Congrats!

Pam Asberry said...

20 days down, 345 to go... ;-)