Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 19: Orchid

I love orchids, and have drooled over them on numerous occasions--at floral shops, botanical gardens, and the beach--but I have never had one of my own, not even as part of a corsage. So today, while I was at Kroger picking up a prescription and the latest issue of Woman's World magazine, I treated myself to an orchid plant. There were many colors to choose from: pink, white and even shades of blue (artificially tinted). It was hard to decide, but I finally settled on this one.

These flowers have so much personality!
I hope it will be as easy to care for as the directions make it sound. I am very pleased with my little purchase! 

4 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

She's lovely! I was lusting after a dark purple calla lily the other day.....

Pam Asberry said...

Julee, I decided I would stop waiting for a man to buy me flowers and buy some for myself. :-)

Bryonna Nobles said...

The orchid is beautiful. Those are my favorite as well.

I also fully agree on not waiting for a man to give you flowers. Even though I am married, I almost never get flowers. I use to say never but my husband gave me a rose on our wedding day and a dozen red roses last Valentine's day.

I use to be a florist and so he used that as an excuse never to buy me flowers. lol

Keep us updated on how the flower fairs.

Pam Asberry said...

Bryonna, your husband was a sweetie to give you a dozen red roses for Valentine's Day. Do you ever buy flowers for yourself? I didn't know you used to be a florist. I am terrible at arranging flowers. Maybe a flower arranging class is something I should try this year!