Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 18: Lasagne

Today I tried Barilla's Oven-Ready Lasagne Noodles. I may never boil another lasagne noodle again. Why should I when there is a product that makes it unncessary? I followed the recipe on the back of the box, except I substituted Paul Newman's Own Sockarooni Sauce for the Barilla brand and split the recipe between two 8 by 8 inch square baking dishes instead of putting it all in one 13 by 9 pan. In order to accommodate both the meat eaters and the vegetarians among us, I used browned ground beef in one dish and crumbled Veggie Patch Meatless Meatballs in the other. Everybody was pleased, and it wasn't much extra work at all. I served a simple tossed salad alongside; for dessert, we had yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

Delicious!

2 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Yum! I hadn't tried it, but I will.

WHEN I get to eat pasta and cheese again!!!!!!

It'll be here before I know it. Thanks for the product review.

Pam Asberry said...

This pasta really makes it super easy to make lasagne. Hang in there with the diet; I hope you get some relief soon!