Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 6: Great Wall Supermarket

Fresh out of furikake, a gift from long-ago house guests, I ventured into an Asian supermarket for the first time this afternoon.


All five senses were stimulated: sight, smell, touch, hearing, even taste (free samples!)


Some things were familiar,


others not so much.


It took me a while to find the furikake - and since I wasn't sure how to pronounce it, I didn't ask anyone for help - but I finally tracked it down, in the Korean foods aisle.


I am already looking forward to cooking up a big pot of steaming jasmine rice tomorrow and seasoning it up right. Nori Komi or Ebi Fumi, that will be the question.

2 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

A great adventure indeed. At least they didn't have the ragged cardboard box of chicken feet in the aisle, like the family run Chinese grocery store here.
Have a super week!

Pam Asberry said...

I didn't go down every aisle, Julee, so it's possible that I just missed the chicken feet. I will definitely look for them next time, LOL!