Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 5: Library and Lunch

Finding myself in imminent danger of becoming a dull girl, I decided to blow off my to-do list this afternoon and head out in search of adventure.

First stop was the newest branch of the Gwinnett County Public Library. Located less than five miles from my house, this facility opened in May 2010 but I had to look up driving directions on MapQuest. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I visited a public library. Probably back when I was still home schooling my kids. And that was over two years ago.


I found the shelves where my books will be located someday (thanks, Lindy, for planting this seed!)

Somewhere in between Jeffrey Archer and Margaret Atwood.
Then I spent about thirty minutes wandering aimlessly. In the end, I checked out two books on CD, for listening to at the gym or in my car, and three books by unfamiliar authors. It's not like I was experiencing a shortage of reading material, but I liked the covers and the blurbs were irresistible.

Realizing I hadn't had lunch even though it was nearly 2PM, I decided to stop at Starbucks on the way home and use the gift card I received for my birthday and try out one of the new bistro boxes.


I went for the protein box - whole grain bread, cheese, peanut butter spread, a boiled egg, grapes and apples - and washed it all down with a passion tea lemonade, another new experience. The bistro box was just so-so but the lemonade was fabulous, and could easily become an addiction. However, since my gift card will run out all too soon, I found a recipe online.

 

The cost of today's adventure? Less than a half gallon of gas. Who says having fun has to be expensive?

4 comments:

Bryonna Nobles said...

Oh My God Pam, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!! I am COMPLETELY addicted to the Passion Tea Lemonade and it NEVER occurred to me that someone might have figured out how to make it so I don't have to spend so much money buying it! I think I might go out today and pick some of that stuff up! Woot!

And now that find where you're book would be at the library thing is stuck in my head... but, you know what? That's a great encourager!

Thanks for the awesome blog post.

Pam Asberry said...

I am so glad this one resonated with you, Bryonna! I still haven't tried the recipe myself, but it sounds easy enough. Let me know what you think about your results! And definitely check out where your books will be at the library after they are published. It is super motivating.

Bryonna Nobles said...

Well, I tried it today. Drinking some right now and its very yummy.

I wasn't able to find the Tazo Passion where I ended up going so I used Pomegranate Green Tea instead and it was delicious.

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks for the feedback, Bryonna. I'm definitely going to make myself a batch this weekend. :-)