Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 17: Reading at the Gym


I promised a writer friend a review of her new release by September 1st; also, Pat gave me a book that Kristen Lamb recommended recently, and I have been anxious to start reading it. But life is crazy, and I have been wondering how I can find more time to read.

I have been known to listen to recorded books exercising; however, my ear buds keep disappearing, and I don't have audio versions of the titles I want to dig into most. So today I decided to try reading from my Kindle while using the elliptical machine at the gym. It was great; not only did I finish my friend's book, I polished off two chapters of Failing Forward. Bonus: my 35 minutes on the elliptical machine went by much faster than they usually do. Win, win!

How do you sneak in time to read?

2 comments:

Michele Stefanides said...

I have both the Nook and Kindle apps on my iPhone, so I can read no matter where I am. It helps in doctors' waiting rooms (where I spend way more time than I'd like!) to the cafe, where I often forget to bring the Nook. I get more reading done now this way, at least the books I have on e-readers.

Pam Asberry said...

I don't like reading on my iPhone, Michelle - the print is too small - but my Kindle fits in my oversized pocketbook and goes with me everywhere. I was resistant to the idea of an e-reader for the longest time, but now I can't remember how I managed without it!