Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 15: Doing Nothing

I planned to return from the Scrapbook Cabin Sunday evening, but my friends there twisted my arm and convinced me to stay over one more night. So I stayed up too late, drinking margaritas and making the most of my time with the Cricut machine, and got up too early, as I had to shower and pack and make the two-hour drive back from Ellijay in time to teach this afternoon.

With an hour to spare, I unloaded the car, hugged my dog, sorted the mail, cleaned up the kitchen and tidied my studio. Then I saw students straight through from 1:30-8:30. That's right - I saw 14 kids in a row. Famished by the time I was finished, I wolfed down some leftover pasta, changed into my jammies, and curled up in front of my laptop.

I have three blog posts due this week: a scrapbooking software review tomorrow at Sometimes It's Cloudy, Sometimes It's Clear; my weekly article on Wednesday at Writers LiPP, and my monthly offering at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales, which won't go live until next week but must be in the queue by five o'clock on Saturday. I also promised book reviews to a writer friend of mine on or before the date her book publishes - September 1st - and I still haven't finished reading the book. Finally, I need to run to the bank, go to the grocery store, and fold and put away several loads of laundry.

But I am exhausted from my wonderful weekend, and showing symptoms of the virus that Nathan brought home from school last week. So I am going to try something new tonight.

I am going to take care of myself.

I am going to brush and floss and put on body lotion and turn out my bedroom lights and go to bed. Period. So what if it's early? It's what my body needs.

Sometimes the best thing to do is absolutely nothing.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Good choice...hope you stay healthy.

Julee J. Adams said...

Good deal--glad you had a great time and glad you got some rest. I've been sleeping, trying to fight the gunk too.

You iron woman you! It will wait, trust me.