Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 14: Cricut

Today I experimented with a new scrapbooking tool, the Cricut, a portable electronic cutting machine. 

The Cricut.
This cartridge-based system cuts letters, shapes and phrases in a variety of sizes and styles. It is easy to use: attach paper to the self-adhesive cutting mat, load it into the machine, and press a button. Voila! Within seconds, your shape is electronically cut out. 


I actually cut three different shapes on this piece of paper.

Then, using a thin metal spatula, you simply lift your shape from the mat.
Three of my favorite things.
Now I know what I am going to ask Santa to bring me for Christmas.

8 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

It looks freakin' awesome on the informercials at 3am, so I'm glad it does the job in real life.

Have you seen the ones that do the cut-outs for cake decorating? Wow, like I need that expensive time-consuming hobby...

Glad you had an awesome time. Don't give up the beading and writing, though, okay? Not enough hours in the day.

SAIDFRAZ said...

so this is what it will take to get you to scrapbook more than once a year? Believe it or not I've never seen a Cricut in action. Once Santa brings you one I want a complete demo on all it does.

Natalie said...

I ♥ the Cricut! I use my friend's when I scrapbook at her house. It's so much fun!

Pam Asberry said...

Julee, I'm not giving up on beading or writing, just taking a little break. You are right - there aren't enough hours in the day!

Pam Asberry said...

Sherri, to see it is to want it. Don't say I didn't warn you. ;-)

Pam Asberry said...

We need to get together and scrapbook sometime, Natalie...

Bryonna Nobles said...

That is a pretty awesome machine.

Pam Asberry said...

It really is, Bryonna!