Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 13: Hash Brown Egg Bake


Each of us signed up to make a meal here at the scrapbook retreat; I was in charge of this morning's breakfast and decided to try a new recipe.

HASH BROWN EGG BAKE

1 32-ounce package frozen cubed has brown potatoes, thawed
1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 eggs
2 cups milk
1 dash pepper

In a large bowl, combine hash browns, bacon, 1 cup cheese and salt. Spoon into a well-greased 13 by 9 inch baking dish. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk until smooth; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until golden. Top with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more.

I put this together last night so all I had to do this morning was pop it in the oven. Simple and delicious! Next time I think I will saute some onions and green pepper and add them to the potato mixture. Let me know if you try it.

2 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Yum! I like the shredded ones too, but I agree, ham, peppers or onion would rock. Enjoy!

Pam Asberry said...

I might try this with shredded potatoes next time, Julee. I had leftovers for breakfast this morning before I left the cabin. Delicious!