Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 11: Mandolin Lesson

Ronnie Banks, my mandolin teacher

I received a mandolin for my birthday; click HERE for the full story. Tonight I had my first mandolin lesson with Ronnie Banks of Banks Creek Music. Ronnie is also my youngest son's guitar teacher; since Nathan wasn't feeling well tonight, Ronnie allowed me to use his lesson time. Nice, huh? He explained the layout of the instrument to me and showed me how to tune it; then he showed me how to play a song he composed using three simple chords and got me started on some scales. It might be a while before I am able to go back; in the meantime, I am going to practice, practice, practice!

2 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

How fun!

That was always my problem, I wasn't a dedicated practicer. After three guitar lessons, the instructor asked if I was wasting his time. I mumbled some excuse about how Dad slept odd hours, but truth was as a teen, I didn't have the discipline.

I'm glad you do!

Pam Asberry said...

It does take discipline, Julee. And callouses. That's what I'm working on now!