Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 10: Megan's Dad's Pasta

I may never buy another jar of canned spaghetti sauce.
Inspired by my blog sister Megan, I made her Dad's Pasta recipe for dinner. Heretofore, my only experience with pasta sauce has been from a jar; tonight, I played with olive oil and garlic and plum tomatoes and butter and parmesan cheese and - my, oh, my! - the results were spectacular. Click HERE for the recipe. FYI, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a generous sprinkling of fresh-ground pepper were all that was necessary. A few flakes of red pepper might make a lovely addition for fans of all things hot and spicy.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Julee J. Adams said...

Good job--looks yummy!

This anti-inflammatory diet I'm probably going to be starting soon, is no pasta and no dairy. It's only for a few months, but I'm soooo eating the biggest bowl of pasta ever when it's done!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks a million, Megan. You have changed my life!

Pam Asberry said...

That totally stinks, Julee. I think this sauce would be great even without the parmesan cheese; are you allowed to have gluten-free pasta?