Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 1: Vision Board


Inspired by Julie Powell of Julie and Julia and Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project, I have decided to launch a year-long project of my own; on this, my 52nd birthday, I resolve to try something new every single day and blog about it.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic.
~Unknown

* * * * *

I have always been intrigued by the idea of making a vision board, and today seemed like the perfect day to give it a whirl. There are many websites with instructions, but this one is my favorite. Mine is definitely an "Opening and Allowing" vision board. I don't fully understand why I chose all the images I did, but I am excited about the possibilities they represent.


The whole experience was very relaxing and affirming; this was my first vision board but it definitely won't be my last. Have you ever made a vision board? What was it like for you?

11 comments:

Denise said...

I do this for decorating. I pull photos of rooms I LOVE then when I need inspiration or direction or help editing I can refer to it. It really helps keep me focused.

Pam Asberry said...

That's a great idea, Denise. I'm going to keep that in mind the next time I have a decorating dilemma.

Sand Castles and Snow Forts said...

Hello Pam! Love the idea for your blog. I'm doing something similar... I'm doing a 100 blog post until my 42nd birthday. Drop by for a visit. Nice to follow you and looking forward to your year of posts.

Pam Asberry said...

Hi Vanessa! 100 days of celebration - I like that! Thank you so much for dropping by. I look forward to following you, too!

Julee J. Adams said...

I'm giggling because I'm happy you found a way to make your birthday celebration last a whole year!

I think it's great, because we should have a little celebration every day, don't you?

Yesterday, I made a bracelet and started another out of two projects I did years ago that I didn't like. Today, I wrote on a story I'd started for Harlequin's Memorial Day Challenge that I hadn't worked on for months. Let's see if we can keep this up, ok? You go, gurrrl!

Tami Brothers said...

This is a great idea, Pam! I can't wait to see everything you come up with.

Keep doing it, girl. Don't let anyone tear you down and don't let anyone tell you you can't do something.

Can't wait to read your posts.

Tami

Pam Asberry said...

I agree wholeheartedly, Julee; every day should be a celebration. I can't wait to see pics of some of your jewelry creations. And kudos on the writing. Yes, let's see if we can keep this up! :-)

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you for your encouragement and support, Tami. This project is gonna be FUN! :-)

Bryonna Nobles said...

Pam, I have to say that you are one of the most amazing women I've ever met, especially when it comes to writing.

You have kids, a job, and manuscripts to write and you still are able to pop out multiple blog posts a week. I'm so excited about this new blog. I LOVE the idea.

I honestly find what you're doing to be inspiring. Not only is this a fun idea but it can be hard to dedicate the time and energy to not only find something new you want to do every day but to also get on the computer and blog about it.

I'm rooting for you! I don't have a whole lot of time to dedicate to reading blog posts but I promise you this: If you can find the time to write them, I can find the time to read them.

You have my full support. In other words: Girl you rock!

Pam Asberry said...

Bryonna, I want you to know that you just made my day. Really. The next time I see you, I am going to hug you so hard you might not be able to breathe! :-)

Anonymous said...

Пьер буаст любовь высокое слово гармония создания требует ее без нее нет жизни и не может быть
!!!